Friday 4 September 2009

Wandering around

My stay is progressing nicely enough here in Biarritz. Bar work last night was easy again, and a good way to meet the people staying and have a chat. I’m only working until ten now, so I have more evening time for emailing or chatting to the bar flies.
Slept really well last night after an exhausting day- ended up walking into Biarritz with two guys from the hostel, which took an age (an hour and a half!) we stopped in a cafe to have lunch and then walked around, went to see la Vierge (a statue of the virgin Mary on top of a huge rock), I can’t remember its exact significance from my last visit, but will definitely return on a nicer day to find out. Probably something to do with blessing the port/sailors etc. Ended up bussing back alone to get to work which was interesting, still haven’t worked out how they work exactly, I meant to ask the driver for one to ‘Cinq Cantons’, but apparently my pronunciation was ‘Cinq Chatons’ aka ‘Five Kittens’ oh dear!!
After that exhausting day, I’ve decided to chill out today. Maybe a trip to the supermarket later at most. If the weather is a bit rubbish tomorrow, Ali (hostel guy/Biarritz walking buddy) and I might go try and get to San Sebastien (Spaiiiiin) as I have Sat and Sun nights off!
That’s all for now.
Leave me something nice to read please?








2 comments:

  1. Ah you're going to go to spain for a day! How exciting! I'm glad you seem to be liking it more now sweetie! More pictures soon yeah?
    Keep your spirits up!
    saranghae
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saaaaaaaaaaaam, you seem to be doing well! What are le Frenchies like? And I would love to go to five kittens. Take me to five kittens.


    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete